Wednesday 31 July 2013

Nerd Vs Wild - When Pelicans Cry!

A nerds natural habitat is not outside. So we explore what happens when a Nerd is released into the wild... Read on!

Previously on Nerd Vs Wild... http://sogwhatsitlike.blogspot.com.au/2013/03/nerd-vs-wild-better-than-expected.html

8. When Pelicans Cry

We left Woombah Woods the next day, looking for our next port of call. Turns out it would be Nambucca Heads. Aside from having a silly name, Nambucca Heads is a postcard looking town in NSW. We stayed at Pelican Caravan Park which was nice. Our site was situated by the river and we had a nice view of everything. My view was interrupted by the smell of tuna… Ah the kitchen sink, I better fix that. I left Court to finish unpacking and I set out to find a new sink drain hose thing. Driving down the road I spot a very unique shop called “Nambucca Paint, Carpet, Caravan and Bowling Supplies.” Yep. I walk in and approach the counter, seeing a stern looking lady standing behind it. “Wow, you do carpet, camping, paint and bowling?” She looks at me for a brief moment, probably to make me feel really uncomfortable, and says “Lawn bowls love, lawn bowls.” For the uninitiated, I found out lawn bowls is something old people do when the Golden Girls isn't on TV and it’s not Bingo night. I ask her about sinks and how to fix it and she hooked me up with the required materials.


Upon returning to the camp I noticed Court had finished everything and was relaxing. This was my opportune time to demonstrate to my wife how awesome I was at being a man! I rolled up my sleeves and began to unscrew the existing split hose, forgetting we are hooked up to a water supply. Water sprays everywhere in my face and I fell ass over, hitting my head on the cupboard behind me. I quickly ran out of the caravan to shut off the water while Court just rolls her eyes at me from behind a magazine. After a few liters of water and a few man tears, I fixed the sink. I felt like Russel Crowe in the Gladiator. I wanted to hold the old hose above my head and scream “Are you not enter-drained?!?!?!” But I didn't. I smiled to myself over a quiet victory, knowing I could do “manly” things, and helped myself to a hot cup of coffee. It was time to reflect.

Next Time on Nerd Vs Wild our Hero reflects on a run in with some New Zealand locals!

No comments:

Post a Comment