Wednesday 16 October 2013

Want to trade with the very best?

Hi there! My name is Proffesor Sarge and I'm a Pokemon breeder and trader. In this mini guide I will cover the birds and the beedrills of Pokemon breeding, and how you can use these skills to master the Pokemon Global Trade System (GTS.) But first, are you a boy or a girl?


Like the Mexican girl on those taco ads... Why not have both? (Or in this case all 3!)
Ok so here's how I busted into the Global Trade scene. My starter was a Froakie, since I always go for water types. About an hour into the game I got to choose my so called "second starter." Instead of mixing it up, I chose Squirtle as Blastoise is my favorite Pokemon ever!

THIS GUY!

Then shortly after I chose my second starter, I came across a sleeping Snorlax. I retrieved the Pokeflute, woke and captured our lazy friend which unlocked access to the Pokemon Daycare centre. This is when things get interesting. So the first thing you need to know about breeding is Pokemon only breed with certain egg groups. You can't breed a Charmander with a Pikachu for example but I could breed an amphibious Froakie with a Squirtle. Eggs always come out as the same Pokemon as the mother. My Squirtle, being a lady, layed another Squirtle egg which I hatched (This takes time!) Since Starter Pokemon are very rare, I traded my Squirtle for a Charmander, bred another Squirtle and kept trading away. If you follow my steps below, you will be able to trade for most Pokemon on the Global Trade Network, possibly even some legendaries!

1. Unlock Pokemon Daycare. 
2. If one of your starters is a female, breed it with another Pokemon.*

*To do this, drop the intended breeders off to the daycare center. Pokemon eggs and breeding cycles are counted in steps so walk as far left as you can to the cave, then as far right as you can, head left and as you pass the day care center, talk to the guy out front. He may say how good your Pokemons get along, If he does this keep on walking, but sometimes he will say "Oh it's you!" then tells you about how they found and egg. Carry the egg on you and after about 15 laps of walking left and right it may hatch, if it doesn't, walk a little longer!

3. You can then trade this starter for other starters (Aim for Female species or get a Ditto first!)
4. Also trade for a Ditto! Dittos can breed with any species (except legendaries) and the egg will always be the other Pokemon.

If you have any questions about it, let us know on our Facebook page and we will help you as best as we can. Happy Trading!

-PKMN TRAINER Sarge







No comments:

Post a Comment