Wednesday 4 September 2013

Ask the Sarge - PC has shit a chicken edition...

Ok guys welcome back to ask the Sarge where you can literally ask me anything gaming or Pc related. Since my PC medic series, I have been flooded with a lot of questions regarding PC's and phones doing things they aren't meant to.

I have been working diligently to solve your problems and most of the people here I have contacted personally to fix their errors. PC Medic will answer these questions over the next few days in hopefully simple, easy to understand steps to get you back up and running.

Our first question was received via text from a very panicked friend of mine.

"My USB Hard drive just died! I bumped it while transferring data and now when I plug it in it asks to format it. What can I do?"


Ok. Rest assured there are 2 possible solutions to bring your drive back while minimizing data loss. These answers will be posted tonight in the PC Medic Data recovery post.

Second Question.

"My computer only boots to "recovery mode." I can't access windows or anything. Can you fix it?"


Upon further investigation recovery mode failed to restore the computer citing "Reg" problems. I will make a bootable USB thumb drive to repair your registry. Further details will be available in PC Medic on Friday.

Third Question.

"Can my iPhone get viruses?"


Apple (who make the iPhone) have a habit of making very stable and safe software. Currently, the only viruses out there for iPhone are for security research purposes and will not be able to infect your phone. That being said there are still scams out there that will appear on your phone so make sure you don't give out personal details to anyone unless you know them or can verify its source. It should also be known that there are viruses that can infect "jailbroken" phones. If this happens unfortunately you are on your own as jailbreaking voids all warranties.

I'll get around to answering more questions tomorrow particularly the date recover on Android devices and backing up photos



of Android devices. Until then if yo got a question "Ask the Sarge!"

No comments:

Post a Comment