Monday 11 March 2013

Memory Wipe


Doctors say that no two brain injuries are the same. For me, one of the wonderful side effects of having a stroke is memory loss. I have entire sections of my life wiped away like accidentally deleting the "My Documents" folder on your desktop. Friends are strangers, Familiar places are now foreign and Events I attended never existed. Now this is actually a positive, let me explain...

A few weeks ago, my darling wife decided I should get a new game to keep me occupied for the weekend. We went to our local game store and I picked up a copy of "Crysis 2" for a bargain price. When I got hope I popped the game in the disc tray and begin to load it up. The game started at the end credits... Either I had played and finished this game before, or my wife was a ninja gamer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX09CzfRJtc

The beauty of this was that I get to have new experiences all over again. Curious of how many games I may or may not have conquered, I browsed my save files on my PS3. There is an entire library of games on my PS3 and on my games shelf that I have no recollection of! This is fantastic!

The best part dear readers, is that my memory loss now allows me to enjoy games that may have been over-hyped in the day and I can have a fresh perspective, delivering an unbiased review on games you may have missed.

The downside? Well currently my health is about as good as Aliens: Colonial Marines but that's a story for another day!

So readers, if you could play a game all over again without the hype and experience the game anew, what game would you choose? Head to our Facebook and share your thoughts.

-Sarge

No comments:

Post a Comment