Wednesday 20 March 2013

Nerd Vs Wild Part 6 - D-Day -1

6. D-day - 1

It was the eve of our trip. I had only been out of hospital for about a week and still wasn't feeling my best but we had work to do. A sane couple would have postponed the trip, but we weren't entirely sane... The gas bottles were filled, the batteries charged and the fuel tank was full. Only one thing remained... Just where in the hell were we going? I siggest to Courtenay we head to Woody Head near Illuka, It's only 3 hours away so we could see how well Ruby travelled and how well our car towed the van. I was nervous but I knew I had Courtenay by my side. Now, you may think “How romantic” or “That's lovely he's confident in his wife” but I think we were both filled with the kind of courage you have when you drink alcohol. A crazy sense of courage. We sat under the carport with our van up, It was as ready as it was going to be. We drank coffee and tea while sharing camping war stories with our parents and neighbors. Tomorrow our adventure would begin.

So there you go. Last day at home. Tomorrow we hit the road! Will it be smooth sailing? I'll save you the suspense... it was a disaster! Stay tuned to find out what happened on the next Nerd VS Wild!


No comments:

Post a Comment