Friday 15 March 2013

Nerd Vs Wild Part 3 - Dogzilla


3. Dogzilla


Ruby Hawthorn. Our Labrador cross Husky. Court and I still debate whether she’s a Labradusky or a Huskador, either way she is one monster dog. Weighing in at around 38kg, Ruby is a big dog.

“Licence and registration please.”
Now the thing about Ruby is that Courtenay loves the dog more than me. This means Ruby and her Tyrannosaurus sized poops are coming with us and if I didn't like it, well, that’s my problem. Don’t get me wrong I love Ruby so much but she snores, farts and burps like a classic Australian yobbo.

Ruby also likes to engage in other misadventures like escaping the yard all the time. Initially this wasn't really an issue since she would basically escape to simply let us know she could. One day my next door neighbor knocks on my door and informs me Ruby has once again escape. “Thanks Kate.” I say as I grab the dog by the collar and lead her into the yard. She looks at me as if she has more to say. “I don’t mind that she escapes that much,” she starts “but it seems she has been letting other dogs out too.” Turns out, she had figured out how to open latch gates and decided to use this new-found knowledge to liberate about 5 other dogs in our street. The rest of the afternoon was spent rounding up various followers of Dogzilla and returning them to their owners.

Next chapter is Preparation for the trip. Will we have everything done on time? Find out tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment