Thursday 14 February 2013

The Perks of Being a Gamer

Last night I took my lovely wife out to buy a new necklace. The jeweler noticed my Halo shirt and started up a gaming conversation. We got along well and he was nice enough to give us a discount on a necklace dropping Warcraft puns a plenty.

Why am I telling you this?

Well I'm currently sitting at Brisbane airport where moments ago I really needed to use the restrooms. I approached the men's toilets to see a barricade in place saying closed for cleaning. The cleaner inside looked through the door at me and removed the sign. He stared at my Borderlands 2 shirt and said "We can't let people in while we are cleaning... But because of your shirt I'll make an exception.

I am absolutely blown away by this concept. I am receiving special treatment because I'm a gamer... There are perks to being a gamer!

Back in the day, the only perks I received at school for being a gamer was an atomic wedgie and a not so friendly shove into the bag racks...

So please, enlighten this gamer and head over to our Facebook page to share any perks you may have received by being a gamer.

I'm off to go through the security checkpoint now. I wonder of they will wave me through if I put on my Mario shirt?

-Sarge

No comments:

Post a Comment