Thursday 7 February 2013

Welcome!

Welcome to "What's it like?" My little site where I'll try to review and talk about my video gaming experiences. What makes this site different to other games sites? I'm glad you asked. To answer that question I have to take you back a year or so, don't worry, I'll keep this short...

One day after work, I went home and had dinner (So exciting!) After I had finished, I stood up and suddenly something in my brain went "pop!" I hit the deck. 12 hours later in hospital I was told I had had a suspected stroke and had a blockage in the main artery in my neck leading to my brain. I was very fortunate in the fact the blockage was cleared before my artery burst and I was released from hospital a week or so later.

Unfortunately the side effects took a while to show and it turns out I had episodic amnesia. My brain was like a corrupt hard drive, losing information in patches while being able to remember events when I was a child. Doctors don't know why the aftershocks were delayed, or if I'll get those memories back. It doesn't really bother me much, I guess I just get to meet new people that I have already met and it gives me a fresh perspective on everything.

This is where the gaming comes in. I have been playing video games since I was 5 years old when my parents bought me a NES Entertainment System with Ninja Turtles. Unfortunately a large portion of my gaming memory was wiped so I intend to review not only current titles but also games from way back when. Since the Doctors said gaming may help with my rehabilitation by helping hand and eye co-ordination, I have decided to make this site since to me, old is new again.

So welcome to the site, I'll try to have a new story every couple of days (Health permitting) and I hope you enjoy a fresh perspective on gaming with a guy who's life story reflects "The Vow" only with a more handsome lead (Me!)

Feel free to leave feedback on what you would like to see and hear about, and also to share your gaming experiences.

I'm off to rehab now! *Picks up Wii U controller*

-Sarge

No comments:

Post a Comment