Sunday 10 February 2013

Will You Be My Player Two?

With Valentines day approaching, many of us will be frantically searching for the perfect gift for the special person in our lives. It has got me thinking about how my wife is my co-op partner, always ready to be by my side in whether it be fighting the locust horde in Gears of War, or making lunch for work. It may sound stupid to some, but video gaming helped cement our relationship into what it is today. Allow me to explain...

When I first met my wife, we were just kids who lived next door to each other. After getting to know her better, I found out she played video games. We started playing Goldenye and Perfect Dark on our N64's and after a while both of us had sick days home from school where we played Starcraft of 14.4k modems! One day we were playing an epic round of Starcraft when suddenly, her Protoss army destroyed my base after around 3 hours of small skirmishes. I knew at that moment, not only had she breached my base and destroyed my army, she also infiltrated my heart.

almost 15 years has passed since that day and we still game together. Sometimes, she will be giving me sniper cover in Halo, other times she will be on the front line with a Lancer cutting through some locust. There are times when she uses a smash bat on me in Smash Bros, and then times where she lets me get the fire flower in Mario.

So gamers, I want to know. Do you have a player two in your life? Tell us on the Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/SOGwhatsitlike) a romantic gaming story, or what game you love to play with your valentine. On the flipside, feel free to share with us if your valentine hates games or you hate your valentines gaming habits!

I'm off to browse the Valentines day jewellery catalogues!

-Sarge



No comments:

Post a Comment