Wednesday 21 August 2013

Ask The Sarge - PS3 Trouble and Why I'm back

Welcome back to ask the Sarge. This week I have had a few questions to answer, 2 being about faulty PS3's and one about why I came back to What's it like.

Firstly, A what's it like reader asks...

"I have a ps3 that gets a lot of use and it has decided not to load any games anymore, is it worth repairing or should I get a new one? Thank you"

Well firstly if it's not loading discs but starting up, it could be as simple as the lens being dirty. To fix this, you simply need to buy a Bluray lens cleaner form a retailer like Sanity of JB. Pop the cleaner in your drive and it should fix the problem. Failing that it could be an optical drive fault which needs to be sent to Sony to repair. This could cost up to $180 so it's your call if you want to pay for repairs or buy a new one.

A second question from another reader was...

"Sarge, my ps3 plays sound but has no image on the tv. any ideas whats going on?"

This is a common problem and thankfully it's a very easy fix. Providing you HDMI cable is working, turn your PS3 on but hold the power button in. After 10 seconds, the Sony will make a few beeps. Release the power and then press it again to turn off the system. When you turn the system back on, it should prompt you on screen to set your video settings again. Let me know how you get on.

Finally, a good friend and What's it like reader asked me why I relaunched my site. This is why...

A long time ago there was a game franchise called Duke Nukem. It was awesome and one of my favorite games series ever. Then they released Duke Nukem forever and it was terrible. Like really terrible. So terrible I would rather watch Pierce Brosnan sing in Mamma Mia.

After I stopped doing the site due to health issues. I spent my time playing games and resting up. We caught up with a really good friend of mine who was pleased to report she purchased an Xbox. She told me she paid for a copy of Duke Nukem Forever and asked me if it was any good...

I couldn't sleep that night knowing that poor girl would soon be subjected to such a terrible experience  I knew much like Batman in the Dark Knight rises, I would have to come back to stop such injustices...

So here I am!

Till next time soldiers,

-Sarge out!

No comments:

Post a Comment