Monday 26 August 2013

Nerd Vs Wild - Shoalhaven Heads



1.      Shoalhaven Heads

Due to an unfortunate incident involving my 3DS, a water bowl, and a failure of common sense, I had to make a pitstop at Nowra. So we googled places to stay and find a place called Tall Timbers at Shoalhaven Heads. This place had it all, warm water, a pool and most important of all free wifi! Nowra was only about 20/30 mins drive away so once I got my 3DS sorted, we settled in at camp and that’s when the rain set it. We still didn’t like the idea of travelling in the rain so we got a few extra nights accommodation there and went sightseeing. We backtracked about 30 minutes up the road to a small town called Kiama. Kiama was a beautiful town situated along the cliffs of the ocean. We were told by the receptionist at Tall Timbers we simply had to see the Kiama blowholes so we did. Well, I know it doesn't sound to exciting but the Kiama blowholes were awesome! You couldn’t really see where the holes were until the ocean erupted through them and the view of the coast was amazing.

Ruby the wonder dog as usual was getting a lot of attention  in her doggy raincoat and I decided I would pose for some tourists… See photo below.
dog rodeo... As awesome as it looks

While I like to say I had no regrets on this trip, I really wish we could have seen Kiama on a sunny day. I think it’s because it reminded me of home. To be honest I hadn't thought much about home at the time, but looking back I really missed it.

The next day we decided to see the small town of Berri. Berri is like one of those towns you see in old English shows like “Heartbeat.” I think I would love to move to a smaller town one day and settle in there, provided they had a video game store and internet!

It was time to leave and subsequently our anniversary too. The rain was still pouring down and little did we know this would be our worst anniversary ever…

No comments:

Post a Comment