Wednesday 7 August 2013

Nerd VS Wild - The Marriage of Josh and Court

 The Marriage of Josh And Court

Never mind the flash hon, I can drive just fine!


Travelling to Coopernook I reflected on my marriage. Court and I met when we were young. I was 14 at the time and looked out of my bedroom window to see a small fox terrier sniffing around in my parent’s garden. I went outside to shoo it away because, well, I’m a cranky bastard who doesn't like dogs *Didn't I should say* (The reason why? Courtenay.) “Piss off you mongrel!” I yelled at it trying to shoo it away waving my arms around like an idiot. Then I hear the voice of the lovely Courtenay yelled from 2 houses up, “Oh I’m sorry!” she yells and comes running down the street. She was so beautiful and being a teenager my hormones went wild. It was love at first sight for me. “Sorry” she said again “This is my parents dog.” Now because the dog is still alive as of today (07/08/13) it’s a mangy and old cantankerous fox terrier who I can only assume is the devil, I can’t ever remember the dog being young and so my memory of it from when we met is still that of a mangy and cantankerous mongrel dog. But I’m getting side-tracked about the mangy dog. Court then says to me, “I hope she didn't bother you?” to which I looked into her gorgeous blue eyes and say “Not at all, I love dogs, especially this little guy!” I went to pat the dog and it growled and bit me… mongrel. “Oh really that’s nice, this is Muffin” I looked at the dog, feeling its burning hatred stare through my very soul. “Well I have a feeling Muffin and I will get along just fine” I said and to this day we still hate each other very, very, very much…

Tomorrow we encounter the Grey Nomads for the first time! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment